It was a glorious day on the 14th of March 2020, the day Carlos and Nicole got married. There were a lot of things that will make this wedding memorable to me that day. But the part that struck a chord to me the most was that moment when I was looking at Nicole through the lens of my camera, as she comes walking down the aisle of Madonna Del Divino Amore Quasi church and seeing that serene smile on her face and the joy on Carlos’ eyes looking back at her. Seeing this scene unfold, no one would think that just two days ago the country went into lockdown because of the pandemic. It brought me back to the time when I was meeting the couple for the first time to discuss the details of their wedding. I still remember the excitement on Nicole’s face as she narrates her plans on DIY-ing her own wedding and decorating their wedding venue in Ayala Alabang Country Club herself. Being an Interior Designer, she wanted her own personal touch in designing the space for the church and the venue. I also discovered then that Carlos and Nicole weren’t big fans of posing infront of a camera so they’ve requested to have the wedding photo and video coverage to be focused more on their family and friends, with less directing and to be more candid and natural. After a few round of drinks and getting to know them better, I immediately knew how I wanted to capture their wedding. Which is why I was thrilled to find out, when the evening came to an end, that they are hiring me and my team as their wedding videographer and photographer. Little did we know at that time that a pandemic was just looming around the corner and that a lockdown were to be imposed and mass gatherings to be prohibited. So Carlos and Nicole had to do a few adjustments to their wedding plans. They both decided to have the reception in Carlos’ house instead and to be attended only by their closest family and friends. There would be no program or speeches, which meant they had to do away with their Same-Day-Edit video too. But all these only made for a more intimate and warm atmosphere where they were able to create wonderful memories with every single guest that they will forever treasure. Kudos to the sweet but strong couple who had made a rainbow out of their storm!
“They say love is all about timing. Binigay ka nya nung time na give up nako sa love. Sabi ko noon, okay nako. Tanggap ko na maging single forever. But at the right moment in God’s perfect time dumating ka.” - These are the words Marvin wrote in a letter he gave to Cherry Rose to read right before she down walks the aisle. I could not help but well-up a little as our team captures this beautiful and emotional moment. The couple who was brought together by their love of travelling, ended with Marvin bending on one knee to propose to Cherry Rose in the charming and ancient City of Siem Reap, Cambodia. But like they say, “Home is where the heart is.” And so despite their wanderlust, they both decided to tie-the-knot in Sto. Sepulcro Church in Landayan, San Pedro, Laguna, Cherry Rose’s own hometown. A church famous for the miraculous “Lolo Uweng”, a tourist destination in itself. Their reception was held in the romantic setting of La Faite Home and Country Garden. We wish nothing but the best for these two globetrotters as they embark on their new adventure as husband and wives and we are looking forward to hearing more about their travels around the world!
We were invited for a corporate shoot for an event in Tagaytay (Twin Lakes) and were also offered with free accommodation with hotel meals some meals :) Our Client was very accommodating! The Program was awesome there were a lot of performers / known artist in the industry, dancers and the magician was great too! We and the team enjoyed so much and the hospitality given by the Hotel and our Client was really great! Shown below is our Same day Edit Video and our shoot (Photo) with our Client at Twin Lakes.
- SDE (Same Day Edit) - The Video taken from the Couple from preparation to the church up to the reception will be edited and will be shown on the very same day of the wedding in reception program
- SDE Photo (Same Day Edit Photo)- Same as the above, but this will be shots (stills) coming from the photographer
- Video Highlights, MTV or Music Video Highlights- The Video taken form the Couple or celebrant will be edited at a later date. Generally this is made available after the event 2-3 weeks or less depending on the agreement you made with the photo and video team or the studio owner.
- AVP (Audio Visual Presentation) A collection of clips photo and/or video from childhood to adulthood, memories from the past, escapades and maybe combined with a couple of video greetings from friends collected by the family members. These materials are edited combined and shown at the reception to the celebrant.
- Cinematic - Terms used for that cinematic video/movie look, these is combined with the use of equipment, skills, creativity, camera angles, lenses, depth of field and that dramatic music to make that cinematic look.
- STD (Save the Date) - These are prenup or predebut videos done before the event generally serves as an invitation to the guest.
- Teaser (save-the-date) A one minute trailer or serves as a teaser or invitation to the guest
- Save-the-date Full - The full product of the Prenup or Predebut shoot is shown at the reception. usually shown before the Celebrant / Couple's entrance at the reception or in Dinner time.
- Raw Files - No Edit! purely shots coming directly from the camera. If one would bring this to a higher level of technicality "raw files" a real large format files it has a different file extension, uncompressed and cannot be access by a computer without the necessary software, these files range from 11mb and above, use for billboard advertising. Nowadays on events, only the maximum compressed file format is selected, its enough to bring the quality, sharpness and excellence to the end users.
- Pre Debut or Pre Nup - Photo and Video shoot before the day of the celebration
- Post nup - Photo and Video Shoot after the Ceremony, Photographer and Videographers would take shots of the couple after the ceremony
- Pre Gown - Shots made before the Bride wears her gown
- Beauty Shot / Pogi Shots - Solo shots of the Bride wearing gown, solo shots of Groom wearing his formal attire.
It was tedious at first to meet the requirements of the Church the kind Couple gave their assistance for us in completing the requirements of the Church. And on the day (of the wedding) they were not as strict as we expect it was, the staff were accommodating help us through the whole part of the ceremony!
We made the Story based on what happen that day, no personal vows and personal gift just their moment together!
We shot the couple and the secondary sponsors on the outdoors of the church (after the wedding) it was such a nice scene and all of them gave their full participation to contribute to the Couple's Photo and Video ..
At the reception after showing the videos (prenup and the same-day-edit video), We were glad to hear that sweet ovation from the audience and see the emotions from the couple.. :)
Details and suppliers ;
Preps: Bayleaf Hotel
Church: Manila Cathedral
Reception : Ramon Magsaysay Hall
HMUA : Froilan Ferry Tomimbang
Planning and Coordination by : Kredin, The Events Engineer since 2006
Mark & Paula's Prenup Photo & Video @ Enchanted Kingdom, Sta Rosa Laguna
Waki Team Building Event Same-day-edit Video 2018 @ Gratchi Farm Resort, Tagaytay - This was the first time we shoot a team building event and it was so much fun, Our team had to be physically fit in order to keep up with all the running and activities of 8 teams from running up and down the mountain. We were offered an overnight stay at one of Gratchi's Lodges. Upon our stay I ask some of the staff if they were accepting Pre-nup / Pre-debut Shoot and said YES! :)
Venue of shoot at Alfonso, Cavite, Philippines.
Together since High School, Roz and Jerald will be tieing the knot in a few weeks. A pleasure being with you guys it was a great pleasure!
One of my fast phase edits and shoot...
7th Birthday Kiddie Party Videos
AVP (Audio Visual Presentation)
Baptism / Christening
Debut Save The Date
JS Prom | Junior Senior Prom
Kiddie Birthday Save-the-Date
Kiddie Parties (1 To 6 Years Old) Video Highlights
Pre Wedding Photos & Videos (Prenups)
SDE Same Day Edit
Shoot Tips Debut
Surprise Birthday Party & Events
Wedding Films / Videos